Acronym of Course-
About the Course-
The Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha award the degree of VIDYA VACHASPATI(D.Litt) to the scholars admitted as per rules of the Vidyapeetha, after completion of their work duly evaluated by the examiners appointed by the Vidyapeetha for this purpose.
The sanskrit version of the degree bear the name “VIDYA VACHASPATI” and the corresponding English version of the degree will be “DOCTOR OF LITERATURE”
- Vidyapvaridhi (Ph.D) Degree holders of a Vidyapeetha or equivalent degree holders of universities with the minimum number of books accompanised with reviews by competent scholars or with two single author publications in journals of repute or eligible to apply to become candidates for the VIDYA VACHASPATI (D.Litt.) degree after a lapse of atleast five years after obtaining Ph.D Degree.
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) New Delhi
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati Andhra Pradesh
- Karnataka Samskrit University
- Rajiv Gandhi Campus
- Bhopal Campus
- Maharashtra Academy of Engineering and Research College of Pharmacy
Desired Qualities in candidate
The candidature for the VIDYA VACHASPATI (D.Litt.) Shall be of either of the two categories
- A candidate can apply for registration to VIDYA VACHASPATI (D.Litt.) on a work published in Sanskrit only immediately 3 years preceding the closing date for registration. If such registration is allowed, the Vidyapeeth may allow the evaluation of the published book at the earliest possible convenient date.
- A candidate can also apply for registration to VIDYA VACHASPATI (D.Litt.) on a fresh Topic/Critical edition of an unpublished manuscript with introduction and critical notes etc. in Sanskrit. If this registration is approved, he shall be able to work on that topic under the guidance of a supervisor duly appointed for three years which period could be extended by two years ( the condition could be relaxed under very special circumstances for two another years) and shall have to submitt the (D.Litt). Thesis in DTP form for evaluation.