Acronym of Course-
About the Course-
A Postgraduate degree in Pharmacology makes a student understand the effects and dealings of drugs on living beings.
- To help students establish a career in Pharmacology
- To enable students to understand the processes involved in curing a patient of the effects of drugs/medicines;
- To develop a curiosity amongst students regarding daily challenges faced by the drug addicts.
- To expose them to practical situations enabling the students to deal and supervise patients in rehabilitation centers.
The pharmaceutical industry in India is one of the net export earners for the country.Apart from meeting the need of affordable healthcare in regards to local population the industry is also providing extensive support to developing countries.Pharmaceuticals are key life-saving elements and are crucial for defining the life expectancy of a country in question.
- A minimum score of 60% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at graduation level.
- AIIMS, Delhi
- AIIMS, Bhopal
- AIIMS, Rishikesh
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Bharti Vidyapeeth, Pune
- General principles of pharmacology and allied sciences
- Molecular biology
- Isolation of Compounds from Herbal Sources
- Systemic pharmacology
- Experimental pharmacology
- Elective subject
- Practical lab
- Drug regulation
- Therapeutic Monitoring
- Practical work
- Research report and Viva-Voce
Desired Qualities in the candidate-
- Interest in Pharmacy as a field
- Passion to serve mankind
- Excellent communication skills
- Scientific bend of mind
- Decision-making skills
M.Sc. Medical Pharmacology degree holders have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work as a Supply manager, Pharma Researcher, Pharmacologist, Drug regulatory officer, Retail seller etc.
Areas where Employment opportunities are available-
- Medicine supply chain
- Pharmaceutical industry
- research and development
- Public sector
- Supply manager
- Pharma Researcher
- Drug regulatory officer
- Retail seller
Average starting salary-
35K per month
Future Career Paths after M.Sc.-
- Medical Practise
- Teaching line