Acronym of Course-
About the Course-
A Postgraduate degree in Technology covers a detailed and complex study of a variety of roles performed by IT engineers from the installation of an application to its designing.
- To enable students to establish a career in the field of engineering
- To provide students a basic understanding of the chosen area of specialization
The Indian Information Technology (IT) industry has earned India the distinction of becoming the global brand ambassador of IT in the world.
Today, there are major Indian and international IT companies in many Metros and other big cities in India which offer excellent and very lucrative employment opportunities for IT Engineers.
M.Tech. (Information Technology) degree is helpful to start a career in various sectors such as in banking, business, agriculture, health and medicine, railways, forensic, police, wireless industry, education sector, etc.
IT related jobs and services are expected to grow by 4.2 % in the current year.
Comparatively to other engineering fields, a degree in M.Tech. (Information Technology) offers a very high salary, which is the major attraction of IT industry.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing an M.Tech. (Information Technology)
- the degree is qualifying B.E./B.Tech. in Information Technology or equivalent examination.
- Alternatively, a candidate who has passed in the Associate Membership of the Institute of Engineers (AMIE) examination with appropriate specialization in Information Technology is also considered eligible for admission to M.Tech. (Information Technology) degree course.
- Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination to get admission to their M.Tech. (Information Technology) degree course. Generally, the admission is through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Score Merit List.
Various Fields or specializations or subjects-
- Computer Science
- IT and Management
- Electronics and Communications
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Bio-Tech Engineering
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Chennai
- BITS Pilani
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Networks
- Computer Organization
- Database Management Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Embedded Systems
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Operating Systems
- Network Security and Cryptography
- Theory of Computation
- Web Programming
List of Electives
- Advanced Microprocessors
- Data Warehousing and Mining
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Geographical Information Systems
- Image Processing
- Knowledge Management
- Object-Oriented Software Engineering
Desired Qualities in the candidate-
- An interest in some chosen field of engineering
- An aptitude for science
- Research oriented bent of mind
- Commitment towards work
- Can work in a team
- Deadline oriented
Engineering has a lot of scope be it in any field. Apart from the cliche specializations like mechanical or ,civil, there are various other areas like robotics, aeronautical, etc. which are emerging nowadays.
Areas where Employment opportunities are available-
- Academic Institutions
- Hardware/Software Development Companies
- Tata Elxsi
- Sasken Communications
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
- Cisco Systems
- National Instrumenots
- Cypress Semiconductor Tech. Ltd.
- Analog Devices India
- Insilica Semiconductors
- Xilinx India
- Computer Programmer
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- Computer Software Engineer
- Networking Engineer
- Project Leader
- System Administrator
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- System Designer
- Computer Support Specialist
- System Analyst
Average starting salary-
55-60K per month
Future Career Paths after M.Sc.-
- Become an engineer
- Teaching line